City of Glass

THIS IS TORTURE. Im so fussy I have to wait for this book to come out. It makes me mad! This is one of my very favourite books and I'm suffering here. Big time! My second problem is: currently I don't live in the USA which means I won't get the book when it's out. I pray it doesen't take too long!
The good thing is: I'll have some distraction in march cuz I'm going to Paris! So excited. I'll post some pictures when I get back...I'm trailing off! Anyway I couldn't resist to quote one of my favourite scenes from City of Ashes AND one of the best kisses written in a book. So if you haven't read the second book of the mortal instruments, you have been warned!



Clary saw him, at the blurred edge of her vision, as he moved toward her and put a hand on her shoulder, turning her to face him. "It's just a kiss," he said, and though his tone was harsh, his hands were inexplicably gentle. She let him turn her, looked up at him. His eyes were very dark, perhaps because it was so dim down here in the Court, perhaps because of something else. She could see her reflection in each of his dilated pupils, a tiny image of herself inside his eyes. He said, "You can close your eyes and think of England, if you like."
"I've never been to England," she said, but she shut her eyelids. She could feel the dank heaviness of her clothes, cold and itchy against her skin, and the cloying sweet air of the cave, colder yet, and the weight of Jace's hands on her shoulders, the only thing that were warm. And then he kissed her.
She felt the brush of his lips, light at first, and her own opened automatically beneath the pressure. Almost against her will she felt herself go fluid and pilant, stretching upward to twine her arms around his neck the way that a sunflower twists toward light. His arms slid around her, his hands knotting in her hair, and the kiss stopped being gentle and became fierce, all in a single moment like tinder flaring into blaze. Clary heard a sound like a sigh rush through the Court, all around them, a wave of noise, but it meant nothing, was lost in the rush of her blood through her veins, the dizzying sense of weightlessness.
Jace's hands moved from her hair, slid down her spine; she felt the hard press of his palms against her shoulder blades - and then he pulled away, gently disengaging himself, drawing her hands away from his neck and stepping back. For a moment Clary thought she might fall; she felt as if something essential had been torn away from her, an arm or a leg, and she stared at Jace in blank astonishment - what did he feel, did he feel nothing? She didn't think she could bear it if he felt nothing.
He looked back at her, and when she saw the look on his face, she saw his eyes at Renwick's, when he had watched the Portal that seperated him from his home shatter into a thousand irretrievable pieces.