Fade. The sequel to the bestselling novel Wake by Lisa McMann reveals us the side effects of beeing a dream catcher. The story of Janie and Cabel picks up just a few weeks after where we were left off in Wake. Janie and Cabel are assigned to work on a new case and uncover the identity of one of their teachers who apperantly seems to use his female students as sex victims. Janie needs to dip into a wave of nightmares once again to get some clues.

The relationship between Janie and Cabel takes them to a new level and brings them even more closer. Althoungh the new case seems to effect Cabel in a strong way. He is not quite sure how to handle the situation and his personal issues might tear him aparts from Janie.

By the end of the book Janie gets revealed what it means for her future if she keeps helping people and remaining a dream catcher. There is some sadness assosiated for their jorney ahead without an option to change that (as far as we know there will be another sequel. Gone).

I really liked the process in the story and you got to like Janie and Cabel more and more. I admit I didn't like Wake at the beginning. I though the writing was so weird and I had a difficult time getting used to it but when I got past it I could enjoy the story. It's so different from books I usually read that makes this one kind of special. Looking forward to read the final one.

1 comments:

Taylor hat gesagt…

Your lucky you get to read this. I have been dying for it. Wake ends at such a cliff hanger! Grr, your lucky!