Genre: Adult, Urban Fantasy, Shifters
Characters: Faythe/23, Marc/27, Jace, Ethan, Andrew
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Summary:I look like an all-American grad student. But I am a werecat, a shape-shifter, and I live in two worlds.
Despite reservations from my family and my Pride, I escaped the pressure to continue my species and carved out a normal life for myself. Until the night a Stray attacked.
I'd been warned about Strays: werecats without a Pride, constantly on the lookout for someone like me: attractive, female and fertile. I fought him off, but then learned two of my fellow tabbies had disappeared.
This brush with danger was all my Pride needed to summon me back for my own protection. Yeah, right. But I'm no meek kitty. I'll take on whatever and whoever I have to in order to find my friends. Watch out, Strays cause I got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them.



Review: Ok this series blew me away! I don't even know where to start. Rachel is a brilliant author, she makes you understand her characters even if they make stupid mistakes, you still kinda get why they did it. Her writing is so very human and the characters are so real and unique.
When I first picked up the book I was not convinced whether I should start this story or not but I gave it a try and couldn't stop reading! Even though this story includes family matters (which I find pretty much annoying in other books at some point) and political conflicts and aspects (which turn out boring in a lot of books). But those things even support the events in this books so much more.
Faythe's path leads her through a lot of trouble, avdentures, death, love, worry, growing-up, loyalty, betrayal, friendship and a lot of mistakes from which she has to learn and to grow.
The 4th book was the best one so far. There is so much going on and you can almost feel as exhaused, hopeless then again hopefull as Faythe while you read it. I found myself OMG-ing the whole time! The relationships are described so very real with its good and bad moments. There are a couple huge twists and they are both intense and very emotional. Rachel Vincent even got me to that point where I wanted my fave character to die because of what she/he has still to deal with in the next book/s and it would kill her/him. I can't bear to see/read when she/he reaches that point.
I can't wait til March for the next book!

1 comments:

Tina hat gesagt…

I love this series! It's so good.